rant #1

Woah Woah woah it's my first rant?! Pretty crazy am I right?? I normally just have positive things to say on here but I have a few (more than a few) criticisms about the new Batman film. I'd like to preface this by saying I've never seen a movie I genuinely disliked. But two days ago at 4:30 pm that opinion definitely changed. 

My best friend Charlie and I went to the theater with good intentions and high hopes, I was a bit hesitant because the movie was about 3 hours long and the only movie I've ever seen that was that long was Avengers: Endgame, because I'm like a hardcore Marvel fan, but high hopes nevertheless. AND JESUS CHRIST WERE WE LET DOWN. Here's why: *spoiler warning*

 IT WAS SO LONG OMG?? 

I am not overexaggerating in the slightest when i say there was not a single joke in that entire 3 hours. 

The movie took itself way too seriously for what it was. I've never really been a fan of justice league characters but goddamn this shit feels pretentious. 

The Riddler is displeasing to look at. OK OK I know that isnt a valid reason but I have more than just that issue with him. I feel like he used to be a more fun whimsical character with an actually intresting premise. "The Batman" however turned him into a stereotypical off the rails kinda guy. His riddles were almost non-existent and instead he did this weird saw trap shit and dressed like a brussle sprout.

No one in this movie talked how people talk. All of the dialogue came across so artificial it was hard to watch. 

The plot was all over the place and honestly if you asked me what it was about I don't think id be able to tell you.

So in my opinion, don't waste your money on this critically acclaimed angry furry and the green man in glasses. And as always, much love 

- Casey 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog